Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bits and Pieces

Hi all :)
Just a few things...
1) Despite what the Islands newsletter said, the Gilbert Days Parade is on the 15th. We turned in all our paperwork on time...thank you so much for being so great about RSVPing! :) I really appreciate it and it makes things easier on this end for sure. :) We should be getting a confirmation soon.

2) For the parade, we will be making 2 things. One is a troop poster. There is a contest for most creative, so we will be making ours out of 2 liter soda bottles to go with their recycling theme. Tomorrow the girls will be covering a bottle in colorful paper to make their petal. Then we'll join them all together. So if you would please send them to school with an empty soda bottle and maybe an old magazine, that would be great. I realize it's late notice, so if you can't that's fine too...I will be bringing extras.

3) The second thing we will be making will be an at home project. The girls need to be holding flowers made of newspaper while they ride on the float to go with the recycling theme. Here are the directions. You may color them anyway you wish...they've asked for 2-3 from each girl. Should be fun! :)

4) As we get ready for holiday events, if anyone has any Michael's or Joann's coupons that they aren't using...we would very much appreciate them! :)

5) I also wanted to welcome our two new members! Morgan joined us at the last meeting...she is a friend of Lauren's and so sweet! Also, Kira will be joining our troop starting tomorrow! We know her from Kindergarten last year and she just had a birthday too! I know both girls will make great Daisies! Welcome girls! :)

Speaking of Daisies, check out this song! I tried to find something cute for the girls, but found this amazing voice instead! I never knew there were more words to the song either!



See you tomorrow! We will be starting our leadership journey! :)

- Mere

2 comments:

Jeri Housel said...

Hey, Mere. I'm pretty sick and I completely forgot to send Constance to school with her vest AND to tell her that today she's got Daisies, AND that she's in a different room. I don't know if I'll make it to the school before the meeting. I may send Eric (dad) to get her. I have no 2 liter bottles. Also, the tissue paper flowers: when do you want them by, or is that something they should just bring to the parade?

Wow. I feel like a whiner. So sorry. Lemme know what I need to do. Thanks -Jeri

Melissa Kovacs said...

Meredith,

I sent Bailee with 3 magazines, use as much as you need, I don't want them back. :-) We didn't have any soda bottles, sorry. Also, Bailee has a check for the fall product sale items (in case she forgets).

I do have a question on the paper flowers. The directions say to use different colored tissue paper??? Are we not supposed to do that and substitute newspaper for tissue paper and then paint them?

Thanks,
Melissa