Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Upcoming Events

I can't believe we have had our last official meeting...this year went by WAY too fast! :(

At our last meeting, it was amazing to think back and remember the itty bitty girls that had walked through the door the first time, and see the ones that were running the meeting that day. They look so much older and are really comfortable in our little troop. :)

We have some dates coming up and some plans for the summer that I want to give you a heads up about.

1. The first you may know something about....it's our end of the year Daisy Party and Bridging Ceremony.

This is a Girl Scout tradition, like the investiture they had at the beginning of the year. All family members are invited. This time, all the girls will receive their one year star with a blue disc. The first graders will be bridging over into Brownies as well. They have a little show they prepared to put on for you as well. :)

Troop 1866 Daisy Party & Bridging Ceremony
May 20, 2009
6:30pm
Islands Cafeteria

After the ceremony, we will serve refreshments, Brownies & Beverages. If you would like to bring something that would be great too!

2. The next event is our Backyard Campout. Holly (Katlind's mom) has kindly offered up her home and huge backyard for us to enjoy. They have a pool, trampoline, and even a fire pit to roast marshmallows on. Thanks to Amy (Kira's mom) we have plenty of tents to hold all the girls. Moms are invited to join the troop for this event. There will be crafts, games, etc.

The next day, we will be going to the Phoenix Zoo, where Amy is arranging an encounter of some sort through her zookeeper friend. (Thanks Amy!) I also found a Backyard Camping Patch for the girls to put on the back of their vests! :)

Troop 1866 Backyard Campout
May 28 & 29th
Time TBA
More details coming!

3. The girls are interested in seeing a play together. Hale Theater is currently showing a child's production of Sleeping Beauty on Saturdays at 11am. The girls would be able to come in their princess best and there are autographs afterwards. Thanks to my party business, I have plenty of princess dresses available should you like to borrow one. If I could get an idea of how many girls/moms would like to come, I can figure out the date for this one. I believe the last showing is June 27th.

4. I believe we will still have money for one more event. Details to come on that. :)


***********************************************************************************
PLEASE, pretty please, with sugar on top! :)

Please let me know if your daughter will or won't be able to attend an event so I can get a good grip on how many tickets to buy, supplies to get, etc.

Thank you so much! :)

Mere



No comments: